- In addition to the Heads Up Coaches Clinic, a PSC is responsible for running a Heads Up Parent Meeting for the organization’s players and parents with the assistance of head and assistant coaches.
- This meeting can be done in conjunction with existing team meetings.
- The purpose of the clinic is for the PSC to educate parents on the core elements of Heads Up Football®: concussion recognition and response, equipment fitting, heat preparedness and hydration education, sudden cardiac, Heads Up TacklingSM and Heads Up Blocking.
- The clinic should be held prior to the first day of practice or, at the latest, prior to the first day of contact drills.
- This clinic should emphasize hands-on, physical demonstrations.
- This clinic is an important step in helping to change the culture of youth football. By educating and involving parents in the process, we can increase communication and better monitor our young players at all times.
Have more questions? Submit a request