PRESENTED BY USA FOOTBALL
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. Void outside the 50 United States, District of Columbia and where prohibited. Do not enter if you are not at least 13 years of age and a legal resident of, and located within, one of the 50 United States, or District of Columbia, at the time of entry. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND DECISIONS, CONSENT TO USE AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS. By entering the 2014 #BetterSaferGame Contest presented by USA Football (the "Contest"), each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by all Contest rules ("Official Rules") and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Contest. Participation in this Contest constitutes participant's full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of USA Football, Inc. (“USA Football” or “Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents, which are final, binding and non-negotiable in all respects. Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and each of its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives and advisors from any liability arising from or related to the Contest and/or the receipt or use of any prizes awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Further, participant fully and unconditionally releases all claims for consideration, copyright infringement and all other claims of any nature relating to the use of participant's entry, name or likeness.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to legal residents of the UNITED STATES ONLY, excluding Rhode Island, who are at least 13 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers, representatives of the Sponsor and its immediate family members (regardless of where they reside) or household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Selection as a prize winner is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, suspend or amend this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice. Sponsor further reserve the right to amend these Official Rules at any time without prior notice, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any participant for any reason, including, but not limited to, violation of these Official Rules or infringement of the rights of a third party. Sponsor are not responsible for any printing or typographical error in any material associated with the Contest.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest will run from 8:00 a.m., E.S.T. on Tuesday, August 5, 2014 until 4:00 p.m., E.S.T. on Friday, September 5, 2014 (“Contest Period”). The submission period will run from 8:00 a.m., E.S.T. on Tuesday, August 5, 2014 until 11:59 p.m., E.S.T. on Sunday, August 31, 2014 (“Submission Period”).
- ENTRY. To enter, provide examples in words, photographs or videos (the “Post”), of how you and/or your football program are making the game better and safer in response to a daily “call to action” from USA Football by (1) visiting www.bettersafergame.com, and follow the links and instructions provided to complete the Direct Upload form (an “Entry”); or (2) posting on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and/or Vine using the hashtag “#bettersafergame” and completing an Entry through the link provided by USA Football.
Posts must: (1) be original, (2) if a video, less than 30 seconds long, (3) be in keeping with Sponsor’s image, (4) not have been previously published, won another competition or contest or been used for advertising or promotional purposes, and (5) not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
Multiple entries are permitted, but each post must be different, submitted as a separate Entry and must meet the above requirements. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated means or practices, or by any means which subvert the entry process will be void.
By submitting an Entry, each entrant agrees Sponsors shall own the Post submitted (including all rights embodied therein) and that Sponsors and their designees may exploit, edit, modify, distribute, publicly display, and create derivative works from the Post and all elements of such Post, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party. If the Post contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Post, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Post by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry. Sponsors reserve the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof, if requested, may render Entry null and void. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Entry consent to the submission and use of the Post in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any Entry that they determine, in their sole discretion, is offensive or inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsors’ image or that is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.
Proof of certification (electronic or otherwise) does not constitute proof of delivery. By submitting an Entry, participant agrees to abide by these Official Rules. Persons submitting Entries under false pretenses will be disqualified. If for any reason the Internet or social media portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, USA Football reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. USA Football has no obligation to notify a participant of his/her disqualification. USA Football is not responsible for any lost, illegible, or misdirected Entries.
By submitting an Entry, entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsors may obtain many Entries in connection with this Contest and/or other contests staged and/or promoted by the Sponsors, and that such Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Entries submitted in connection with this Contest and/or other contests sponsored by the Sponsors or submitted for other reasons or other materials developed by the Sponsors. Entrant waives any and all claims entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any Entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the entrant may be similar to his/her Entry, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such Entry or other works used by Sponsors.
By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be posted on Facebook.com, Pinterest.com, Twitter.com, Vine.com, Instagram.com, bettersafergame.com, usafootball.com, or other websites and their associated applications (“apps”). Entrant agrees that Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized use of Posts by third parties. By entering, each participant authorizes Sponsor to use his or her name, likeness, and image in its advertising and promotion. Sponsor does not guarantee the re-posting of any Post and reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any posted entry for any reason and at any time.
Sponsor have limited this Contest to individuals age 13 and older. However, if an entrant uploads a photo, video, or audio file containing images of children under the age of 13 or voice, or geolocation information sufficient to identify a location, city or town, full name, physical address, online contact information, or other information about a child under the age of 13, the entrant is providing personal information that may be protected under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). Sponsor will use this information solely to administer this Contest as set forth in these Rules, including notifying Contest Winners. Sponsor will not sell or rent this information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Parents and legal guardians have the following rights with regard to their child’s personal information:
- Sponsor do not seek Entries by persons under the age of 13 and therefore, will not require a child under the age of 13 to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the Contest;
- Sponsor will delete any contact information obtained pursuant to this Contest about a child under the age of 13 following the conclusion of the Contest Period.
- Parents or guardians may review their Entry to review their child’s personal information and direct Sponsor to delete the information and refuse to allow further collection or use of the child’s information;
- Parents or guardians may agree to the collection and use of their child’s information, but still not allow disclosure to third parties unless that is part of the service.
- If a parent or legal guardian desires to exercise their rights, please contact USA Football’s General Counsel at 317.614.7750.
7. DETERMINATION OF CONTEST WINNERS (190)
Daily Winners (189): Each day of the Submission Period (“Contest Submission Period”), USA Football employees will select seven (7) Entries as Contest Winners based on the subjective merit criteria of Post quality (50%) and relevance to the daily call-to-action (50%).
Grand Prize Winner (1): One Grand Prize Winner will be randomly chosen from all Entries by USA Football. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 5, 2014. Entries must be submitted by the dates and times specified in these rules above to be eligible for the applicable Contest Period.
- PRIZES (190). Contest Prize (189): Each Contest Winner will receive a $50 Sports Authority gift card (the “Contest Prize”). The total retail value of the gift card is fifty dollars ($50). Grand Prize (1): The Grand Prize Winner will receive a $1000 Sports Authority Gift Card (the “Grand Prize”). The total retail value of the gift card is one thousand dollars ($1000).
General Prize Conditions: Expenses not stated are solely the responsibility of the Contest Winners. No prize may be transferred or substituted by a participant. Sponsor reserve the right to change any actual prize at any time during the Contest. In this event, every effort will be made to provide a prize of like estimated value. Sponsor do not warrant or make any representations in connection with the prize, express or implied. Sponsor will determine all elements of any prize in its sole discretion. Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, or changed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The awarding of any prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules. All prize details are at Sponsor’ sole discretion.
9. IDENTIFICATION OF WINNERS. USA Football will contact the Contest Winners by phone, mail, and/or e-mail within one day of the conclusion of the applicable Contest Period. The Contest Winners must acknowledge the communication within 72 hours. USA Football will then provide the Contest Winners with an Affidavit of Eligibility/Ownership, an IRS W9 form, and a Liability/Publicity Release. The Contest Winners will accept the Contest Prize by signing and returning the Affidavit no later than 72 hours after receipt. No Contest Prize will be awarded until such documentation is received by USA Football. The Contest Winners are responsible for any taxes associated with the award of the Contest Prize. In the event that a Contest Winner cannot be contacted, USA Football will offer the Contest Prize to a different Entry, selected on the same criteria, and he/she will be contacted as set forth above. The Contest Prize for each Contest Winner will not be awarded until the completion of the Contest Period. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
10. SPONSOR. This Contest is sponsored and promoted by USA Football, Inc., 45 N. Pennsylvania St., Suite 700, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
11. ODDS. The odds of winning this Contest depend on the number of Entries. For reference, USA Football has approximately 30,000 Twitter followers, 180,000 Facebook followers, 7,000 Instagram followers, and 1,000 Vine followers.
12. MISCELLANEOUS. Everything for this Contest is provided as is, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. By entering, participants consent to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Indianapolis, Indiana, in all disputes arising out of or related to these rules or these Contest.